We are happy to report that we won't be homeless at the end of the month! Our lease on the temporary apartment is up on May 31st so we've been quickly searching for a place to live. Finding an apartment here is a bit of a challenge. You have to be able to commit to one the first time you see it (which is hard for me to do). Several times apartments we liked were taken while we were thinking about them, or someone gave the people a check right before our appointment to look at an apartment. Thankfully we have found one and signed the lease. Brad found the apartment and looked at it before I got up here. Once I got here he showed me the outside and we peeked in the windows. We decided to go ahead and apply for it, because others we had seen didn't look nearly as nice. We found out at the end of last week that we got the apartment, we signed the lease yesterday and now have the keys in hand. Last night I got to see the inside for the first time and I really like it. We shopped for furniture this past weekend at Ikea and we're moving into the apartment this weekend. Here are some photos of our first home.
Views of the outside...
Living Room
Looking into the kitchen from the living room
Kitchen
9 comments:
Coke, I'm soosooosooo excited for you!! its really cute and I'm glad yall have a place to call home. Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon!
looks great. and totally looks DC and big city. i love it.
Sissy, It looks so sweet. I love the brick and fire place there. I can't wait to come visit. :)
COKE! Congrats!!! The apt is SOOO cute, and looks like the perfect first home for you and Brad. We are so happy for you.
c, j, and l
We're so happy you've found a place that you like. From the pictures, it looks homey. How's the job hunting going? Brad spoke to Laurie last week, and he seems to still love his job. We're very glad to hear that. Please remember that we pray for you every night.
Did
Adorable!! I'm sure you'll put your special touch on it and it will become the perfect little place for you and Brad -- can't wait to visit!
Adorable!! I'm sure you'll put your special touch on it and it will become the perfect little place for you and Brad -- can't wait to visit!
Yay! First home!
I know you are relieved!
You'll have to put up more pictures after your Ikea shopping spree...
Love your new place, Coker!
Post a Comment