Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mom and Sallie in Washington

Last month Sallie and my mom came to visit us for a few days in Washington. We did a lot of sightseeing. Here are a few photos from their trip...






A cool picture of the White House that Sallie took

Sallie and I on the street in Georgetown....I think

On the steps in front of our apartment

Trying to cool down on a hot day on the Mall

In front of the White House


The Washington Monument isn't that tall

Sallie's really strong....

Brad's office (aka Bob Inglis' office)

Standing on the center stone in the basement of the Capitol- it used to mark the center of the entire city

On a boat tour on the Potomac River


In front of the Capitol


Smithsonian castle


One day we were meeting Brad for lunch and he randomly got on the same train in the same car that we were on- what are the chances? The funniest part is that he acted like he wasn't surprised to see us at all and just started talking.





2 comments:

beth ewing said...

looks like fun. i'm sure you'll have lots of visitors living in such a good place. i didn't know brad was working for bob inglis. isn't he a republican? and aren't you a democrat? maybe i'm making that up. just thought it was funny.

lindz said...

Coker, you're funny. I love seeing people I know randomly on the train! It makes the world feel a little smaller.